Today’s breakfast: Berry bites with honeydew, green tea & a macadamia nut milk! Yum!
3 cups fresh or frozen berries – I use frozen blend of blueberries, raspberries & blackberries
1/3 cup + 1/2 cup Monkfruit sweetener
3 tbsp chia seeds – great fatty acid + omega 3
3 cups Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegan or regular butter
1/4 cup large flaked coconut
Sprinkled coconut flakes to preference – I pretty much cover the whole top of each cupcake cup
1. In a medium sauce pan, cook berries, 1/3 cup Monkfruit Sweetener & chia seeds over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
2.Preheat oven to 350°F. Fill cupcake tin with cups.
3. Combine butter and 1/2 cup Monkfruit Sweetener. Add oat flour oats, and 1/8 tsp baking soda to form a crumbly dough.
4. Firmly pressed 2/3 of the dough into the cupcake cups, spread the berry Chia filling to the brim of the cup (do not overfill or you’ll have a sticky mess to clean up) and top with coconut flakes.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool before putting in airtight container & refrigerating – I would consume within 5 days.
If you prefer them warm, put them in the microwave for 15-30 seconds for before eating, just not too long because the berries on top may get too runny!
6. DEVOUR with a smile on your face 🙂