Chickpeas… yuck! Right? Wrong!! I am obsessed with baking cookies, brownies, etc with chickpeas because not only do you eliminate a lot of those pesky carbs, but they will also be protein-rich!
These taste like amazing fudgy brownies, you wouldn’t even know there were chickpeas in them if I didn’t tell you (I have tested and confirmed this theory).
*If you go through sweet like a crazy person (like me), you can double this recipe and make it in a 13×9 in pan! Hope you guys love this super easy, healthy & delicious recipe as much as I do!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I like almond butter)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond flower
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla,
- Once blended, add in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Continue to process, scraping down sides as necessary until smooth.
- Once creamy and smooth, take off lid (I also remove blade) and stir in chocolate chips.
- Do not process the chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips & coconut flakes on top if desired.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes.
Original recipe inspired by: https://www.erinliveswhole.com/chickpea-brownies/